Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to process my order?
- Once the order is received, a template will be created. A hard back book is then chosen to be folded. Generally the folding process takes between 1-2 days and may take longer depending on the number of orders ahead of your request.
How much is shipping?
- Finished books are mailed via the United States Postal Service. Shipping cost is based on your location. Discounted shipping is offered on multiple books. Please contact me to discuss
Where do you get your books from?
- These are recycled books bought from thrift stores and the local library. The books are not new. Books are chosen based on condition. They must be hard cover with little to no visible wear on the cover with the binding still in good shape.
Can I choose the book?
- Yes! You can choose the book as long as there are enough pages for the design you want folded. The book must be hard cover. You can mail the book to me or I can purchase and the price will be added to your order. Please message me before ordering to discuss the book choice.
How big are the books that are folded?
- The books are generally between 8" and 10" tall. The number of pages depends on what is being folded into the book. Usually about 40 pages front and back per letter (80 page numbers). So, for a 4 letter word,I would fold roughly 320 pages.
Do you cut or glue the pages?
- No. The pages are simply just folded. Nothing is done to the book other than the folding.
Can I choose the font?
- Yes! Many different fonts can be folded. Simple fonts with thicker lettering generally turn out better. Books can be folded in cursive or print. If there is no font preference, the book will be folded in print.
What do you use them for?
- Folded books make great gifts. They are very unique and a great conversation starter. They can be used as a center piece and look great on display. These books can be personalized and customized to fit any need.